Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine
By accessing the website at “http://www.cbamedicine.com/” or any of its subdomains, and/or by registering and/or attending any of the classes or events of CBAM (even if you register and pay over the phone), you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website or in the hands-on training workshops are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
The Software is and remains wholly owned by “Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine” herein referred to as CBAM. All materials and content contained in the website or in the hands-on training workshops shall remain the property of CBAM and are protected by intellectual property laws, including copyright that may apply to software throughout the world.
Permission is granted to temporarily use the agreed-upon services provided by CBAM. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on CBAM’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions without any notice. CBAM may terminate this agreement at any time, and reserves the right to refuse service to any person or company.
CBAM does not accept liability with respect to any loss that may be incurred by any party with respect to cancellation or termination of this agreement. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The information on the website or in the hands-on training workshops is for educational purposes only and is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. CBAM makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, CBAM does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or in the hands-on training workshops or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Much effort has been taken to ensure the safety and advisability of the information presented by CBAM, however, it is possible to injure people by performing almost any type of intervention. This is more likely when a procedure is performed without judicious precautions, or when the recipient of the intervention has unique biological or other factors that make them more vulnerable to negative reactions. Additionally, sometimes people have a negative reaction that is wholly unpredictable, or their health becomes compromised at the same time an intervention is performed or shortly thereafter as a result of factors unrelated to the intervention.
You should understand that when participating in any of our courses, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you perform any activities suggested, directly or otherwise, on the website or in the hands-on training workshops, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, and agree to release and discharge CBAM from any and all claims or causes of action. The materials are meant to provide basic assessment guidelines. A thorough health history is highly recommended.
All the materials provided by CBAM are provided under the assumption that the reader has background knowledge and training in the field of anatomy of musculoskeletal and diagnostic procedures. The content is to be used as a source of information and knowledge complementary to content learned elsewhere. Any practice described in the content of the CBAM website or in the hands-on training workshops should be applied by the user in accordance of their professional standards of care used in regards to unique circumstances that may apply to each situation. The contents of the platform are to be used as a guide only, and healthcare professionals should always confirm references as per their scope of practice. Readers must use their judgement within their scope of practice when faced with individual patient/client care scenarios.
In no event shall CBAM or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on CBAM’s website or in the hands-on training workshops, even if CBAM or an CBAM authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
The materials appearing on CBAM website or in the hands-on training workshops could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. CBAM does not warrant that any of the materials on its website or in the hands-on training workshops are accurate, complete or current. CBAM may make changes to the materials contained on its website or in the hands-on training workshops at any time without notice. However, CBAM does not make any commitment to update the materials.
CBAM has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CBAM of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
CBAM may revise these terms of service for its website or the hands-on training workshops at any time without notice. By using this website or attending in any of the hands-on training workshops you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Any content uploaded by a third party to the CBAM website or any associated subdomains will remain the property of the uploader. Such content includes, but is not limited to, pictures, images, videos, and text. You also agree to not upload any copyrighted content which you are not authorized to use. CBAM accepts no responsibility for any copyrighted content uploaded by any of the users of our services.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience. You may also be required to enter PII when using some of our services such as the Client Management service, the HEP service, or others.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To improve our website or the quality of our hands-on training workshops in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a secure gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website or the hands-on training workshops, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If we use a product or service from a third party during our training, this does not mean that we support these services or products. Any purchases made by the attendees of the courses from these third party companies, either during the courses or after completion of the courses, are the sole responsibility of the attendee and we are not liable for any loss which possibly has been caused by these third party companies.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website or during the hands-on training workshops. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Discounted ticket prices for any CBAM events are only available for Canadian practitioners. International practitioners who require an invitation letter for immigration or visa application purposes must pay the full event fee in advance, plus a $350 CAN application fee.
Force Majeure for Events:
In the event that CBAM is unable to provide all or a significant portion of the Events to the students, attendees or participants of any kind by reasons of fire or other casualty, restrictive government laws or regulations, riots, insurrections, war, labour disruption, cyber attack or theft, defect in the building of the event or course, national emergency, lockouts, explosions, and any other general cases of “force majeure” or other reason of a like nature not the fault of CBAM, the CBAM shall advise the students or participants by notice in writing that the event is unable to be held by CBAM. In such an event CBAM is not responsible for any loss or damage to the students or attendees or participants due to the cancellation or postponing of the course or event. In this case, CBAM will select to either cancel the event or postpone them to a new date. This decision will be delivered to the students or attendees by email:
- In case of postponing the event from an original date to a new date to any available location due to one of the above reasons which is not within the control of CBAM, the refund policy is based on the original date of the course or event (not the new date).
- In case of cancellation of the event due to one of the above reasons, the student or participant is eligible to request for the full refund or request to transfer the credit equal to the same amount to another course or event of CBAM in a future date.
In the event that CBAM is unable to provide all or a significant portion of the Courses or packages to the students, attendees or participants of any kind by reasons of fire or other casualty, restrictive government laws or regulations, riots, insurrections, war, labor disruption, cyber attack or theft, defect in the building of the event or course, national emergency, lockouts, explosions, and any other general cases of “force majeure” or other reason of a like nature not the fault of CBAM, or in the cases, some of the participants might have limitations to attend the course or event due to one of the above reasons, the CBAM is not responsible for any loss or damage to the students or attendees or participants due to the cancellation or postponing of the course or event. In this case, CBAM will select to either cancel the event/course or postpone them to a new date. Force majeure conditions which are caused by governmental regulations are understood to be announced to all the attendees through public media and CBAM is not responsible to inform the attendees individually in order to make these policies enforceable.
Refund policy for courses or packages during Force majeure:
In case of cancellation of the course or event due to one of the above reasons, the following refund policy applies depends on the registered course or package and also the amount of delivered service at the time when the restrictions of force majeure start:
1. If the student has already started any practical portion of the course or package, the course or package fee is not refundable. The registrant is able to come back at anytime in the future to complete the remaining of the course or package as soon as the restriction is removed. The access to the online materials of the course or package will remain open during the restriction time and will be extended until the last day of the package (after added extended time). For single courses, the access to the online materials will remain until 3 months from the date of delivering course after the restriction is removed.
2. If the student has received the access to the online materials of the course or package but has not started the practical portions, they will have one of the following choices:
Option A: The student may decide to withdraw from the course or package and receive the partial refund. In this case, the student only pays for the online materials of the course or package. Below is the prices for the online portion of courses and packages:
– Basic injectables course: $750 (plus tax)
– PRP, Mesotherapy and Microneedling course: $450 (plus tax)
– Laser program: $450 (plus tax)
– Sclerotherapy program: $450 (plus tax)
– Advanced injectables course: $750 (plus tax)
– Online materials of CBAM CAMP or Board Certified package: $1350 (plus tax)
– Injectables course for dentists: $550 (plus tax)
If the student has paid a deposit or the full amount for the course or package, the payment will be refunded to the student minus the above amount for the online portion of course or package. The access to the online materials, in this case, will remain either for 6 months from the date of withdrawal request from the student or 9 months from the date of the original purchase, whichever is later.
After the student withdraws from the course or package and receives the partial refund, if in the future decides to resume the course or package again, the non-refunded amount will be used as a credit for the new purchase, however, the price of the course or package will be calculated based on the current price in case if the price has increased.
Option B: The student decides to continue the registration in the course or package until the restriction is removed. In this case, for the single courses, the practical portion of the course will be delivered on a later date when the restriction is removed and the access to the online materials of the course will remain until 3 months from the new date of the practical course. For the packages, the access to the practical portions of the courses will pause until the restriction is removed and the package period resumes. The access to the online materials of the package will remain during the pause period.
* We only qualify the installments if the applicant sings an agreement with the credit card information which gives CBAM the authority to withdraw the installment amount on the agreed dates. Please see the sample of this agreement.
All membership fee payments are final and non-refundable.
Refund for Courses or Packages:
If you pay the full amount or first payment of any installments for packages or courses and get access to the online materials of that course or package, the 50% of the total payment of that package or course is not refundable. The other 50% of the total payment is refundable before starting the in-class course date or before starting the first in-class course in the package. As soon as you start the in-class course, the total amount of the payment is not refundable. Please note this policy is fully applicable as soon as we provide you the access to the online materials, even if you decide not to visit or watch the online materials.
If the student registers for any course packages (Elite, Board or CAMP Certified packages), the fee is not refundable as soon as the student starts the first class in the package (even if this class is offered complimentary or for the purpose of refreshment only). If the request of cancellation is received before the start date of any class in the package, 50% of the total fee of the package is refundable. The other 50% of the payment can be used as a credit towards the future courses if the student decides to take other courses within one year from the cancellation of the package. This credit is also transferable to other individuals with the consent of the student.
If the student gets access to the online materials of the course or package and due to unforeseen reasons such as medical conditions, family reasons, etc. is not able to continue the package or course, he/she is able to request to withdraw from the course or package. In this case, the student is eligible to receive the partial refund based on the price of the online materials of the registered course or package. Below is the prices for the online portion of courses and packages:
– Basic injectables course: $850 (plus tax)
– PRP, Mesotherapy and Microneedling course: $450 (plus tax)
– Laser program: $450 (plus tax)
– Sclerotherapy program: $450 (plus tax)
– Advanced injectables course: $750 (plus tax)
– Online materials of CBAM CAMP or Board Certified package: $1350 (plus tax)
– Injectables course for dentists: $850 (plus tax)
– Anatomy cadaver course: $450 (plus tax)
– Online materials of Injectables Training Options: $1000 (plus tax)
(Including Basic Injectables, Advanced Injectables and Skin Anatomy Physiology)
If the student has paid a deposit or the full amount for the course or package, the payment will be refunded to the student minus the above amount for the online portion of the course or package. The access to the online materials, in this case, will remain either for 6 months from the date of withdrawal request from the student or 9 months from the date of the original purchase, whichever is later.
After the student withdraws from the course or package and receives the partial refund, if he/she in the future decides to resume the course or package again, the non-refunded amount will be used as a credit for the new purchase, however, the price of the course or package will be calculated based on the current price in case if the price has increased.
1. The CBAM management team has the full authority not to accept the reason of withdrawal from the student. In this case, the student is required to pay 50% of the total amount of the course or package. This amount will remain as a credit and the student is able to use it in the future for themselves or for someone else referred by them to the CBAM.
2. As soon as the student starts any practical part of the course or package, the total price of the course or package is not refundable and if the student has not completed the payment of the course or package, he/she is required to complete the payment maximum by 6 months from the date of the original registration, even if the student decides not to complete the remaining practical portions of the course.
Refund policy for the courses or packages before the access to the online materials is granted to the student: If refund requests made up to 30 days prior to course start date (regardless of the purchase date) are eligible for a full refund less a $250 administrative fee. For students who make a refund request between 30 days and one week prior to the start of the course (regardless of the purchase date), 50% of the full program fee is refundable. If the refund request is made less than one week before the course start date, the full program fee is non-refundable. Any refund requests must be made in writing to [email protected] Credit may be issued for refund requests made up to one week prior to the course start date. Payment credits accrued from partial refunds must be used within 6 months of the issuing date. Please note if there is a request to reschedule any course date, the original registered date for the course is considered for calculation of the refund.
All fully online courses (courses without a practical component) which are purchased independently are considered final and the payment is not refundable, even if the student decides not to log in and/or view the materials after the purchase.
If CBAM cancels any course listed under the packages due to an unforeseen reason, the student is entitled to register for that same course in any city & date beyond that package time frame period.
Any payment method and/or credit used to pay the program fee for no-shows is considered fully non-refundable. Credits for no-shows are forfeited and are non-transferable to any other programs or events. All non-refundable payments accrued by an individual can be transferred as a credit for future CBAM courses/events (with the exception of forfeited credits).
The CBAM reserves the right to cancel a course up to 5 days before the start date due to unforeseen reasons. In the case of course cancellation, attendees may either receive a full refund or transfer the payment to a future CBAM date (if they have made any payments).
Promotions: If CBAM announces any promotions, it applies only to the future purchases and can not be extended to any past purchases.
The CBAM reserves the right to refuse a full refund for any programs/packages/bundles in which the student has received a complimentary course and certificate as a part of a paid package, but does not wish to proceed with the original course and/or fulfill the entire agreements for a package/bundle. If a student completes part of a paid package/bundle, including a complementary course, the student is not eligible for a full refund.
If a student purchases a course or package and later the same course or package is offered with a promotional price, CBAM will not offer any refund for the difference of the amount. Instead, CBAM might consider to provide the price difference as a credit to the student which can be used towards future CBAM courses or services.
The students can only take the practical courses and have access to the online materials of the courses during the time of the package. The time of the package can not be extended or paused. In the case of medical conditions when the student can not attend the practical sessions, the board may approve the package to be paused for maximum 2 months. The board will review this condition case by case. In case that the 2 month pause is approved, during the paused period, the student will continue having access to the online materials of the courses and can attend the virtual sessions, however she/he is not able to attend any practical classes.
Terms for pausing the packages:
1. When the student resumes the package, they can only repeat the injectables practice days based on the availability of the spots and the other courses such as basic injectables, PRP, laser or Sclerotherapy which may have been already taken once, can not be repeated again. But if any of these courses have not been taken before, the student can take them for the first time.
2. We change the structure of our courses from time to time and when the student resumes their package period, we might not have the same structure of the courses and we might not be able to provide them with the same course since they are not offered anymore. We are committed to deliver the courses promised to the students within the length of package period from the time they start and we can not gaurranttee that beyond this period. If we do not have the same practical courses offered and we are not able to provide the student with the course, the payment for the package is not refundable.
Refund policy for CBAM Congress:
- If the request for a refund is received before 60 days from the first day of the congress, the full payment is refundable.
- If the request for a refund is received between 30 to 60 days from the first day of the congress, 50% of the full payment is refundable and the other 50% can be used as a credit to purchase other products or services of CBAM and the attendance of the student in the Congress is cancelled.
- If the request for a refund is received less than 30 days from the first day of the congress, the payment is non-refundable. This payment can be used as a credit to purchase other products or services of CBAM and the attendance of the student in the Congress is cancelled.
Refund policy for OSCE exams:
All the registrants are able to change the date of the exam or cancel up to 7 business days from the date of the booked exam.
If the registrant cancels or reschedules the exam within 7 business days from the exam date or does not show up for the exam, the full payment of the exam will be forfeited and there will be no refund.
If any of the members or students win a prize in an event or online contest, there is a deadline of 1 year to claim the winning prize. Please note the wining prize or discount can not apply to any purchases has been made prior to the date of win.
None of the promotions will apply to the purchases made prior to the date of promotion.
Terms and Conditions of CBAM packages (Board certified or CAMP certified) in Canadian centres:
1. The practical part of Basic injectables course, PRP & microneedling, Sclerotherapy and Laser are offered only once during the length of the package. If the students need to repeat any of these courses, they may request for a specific date and city and based on the availability of that course, we might allow the second repeat of any of these courses. Please note in this case the priority is with the students who have not taken these courses at least once.
2. The practical portions of Sclerotherapy and Laser courses are elective parts of the packages and are not mandatory to be completed in order to receive the designations. The practical portion of these 2 courses are only offered in head office, Toronto centre and it is optional for students who wish to take them in that location.
3. The practical portion of Advanced injectables course (i.e. Practice Days) are offered unlimited during the length of the package in all cities of Canada. If the student applies to complete Practice Days only in one specific city, we book the spots on a first come first serve base and also based on the availability of the spots. We offer waiting list as well for the cancellations in order to be replaced within the last week before each Practice Day.
4*. In CBAM Ottawa, Calgary and Halifax where the frequency of advanced injectable courses (Practice Days) are less than major centres (i.e. Toronto and Vancouver), we guarantee 6 Practice Day sessions (3 hour for each session) for each packaged student even if this falls beyond the length of their 6 months package. The students who are registered in those centres are still have the option of unlimited Practice Days within the length of their package as long as they are willing to travel to other cities.
5*. The students who live in remote areas where CBAM does not have any centres, might qualify for one time $500 voucher which can be used towards transportation and accommodation for them to attend the courses. The approval for this voucher is required the verification of residential address of the student.
* The items 4 and 5 only apply for all the package registrations on or after Nov 1, 2021.
1- Please note that if you book for any of these courses: PRP, Laser training or Sclerotherpy and cancel within 7 days from the date of the course or if you do not show up for the course with no acceptable reason (such as health issues or family emergency situations, …), we are not able to allow you to attend any of these courses anymore under your package.
2- Please note that if you book for any practice days and cancel within 7 days from the dates of the courses or if you do not show up for the course with no acceptable reason (such as health issues or family emergency situations, …), you will not be able to book any other practice days within 2 months from the date of the course that you have canceled and this 2 month period will not be deducted from the length of your package.
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By logging in to your account
The international applicants who wish to attend the courses physically in Canada are welcome to apply for receiving Canadian visa and CBAM head office will provide a letter of support for processing the application.
This letter can be submitted to any Canadian embassy worldwide. If any embassy requires verification or any phone interviews with the head office, the CBAM will also provide a representative for performing the interview for verification or any further requirements of the embassy.
Please note that the letter of support for Visa application is only issued if the applicant pays the full payment of the course or package that he or she has applied for. We are not able to provide the letter if the applicant has only paid the deposit for the course or the package.
In case the visa is accepted, the full payment of the package or course is non-refundable even if the applicant decides not to attend the courses.
In case the visa is rejected, we will require a copy of the rejection letter and a copy of the passport of the applicant (the first page and also the page that the stamp of rejection appears). After verification of the rejection of applicant with the embassy, CBAM will refund the full payment back to the applicant minus the fee for online materials (please check the price of online materials which is listed in the Refund Policy section of this page). The fee for the online materials will remain in the applicant’s account as a credit, if in the future the student or someone that the student is introducing to CBAM will use the credit for any CBAM courses or packages. In this cases, the access to the online materials will expire 3 months after the date of the rejection letter.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
If you have any complaints about CBAM staff, instructors, or other students, we would recommend you to follow the complaint procedures below to make sure that we process it with most effective outcome:
You must send us a written report that includes the date of incident, location, details, and individuals who are involved.
We would investigate the situation and inform you the outcome of the investigation within 7 business days. Please note that during the investigation, we might contact you or the other party(parties) to understand more about the situation.
If needed, we would schedule a meeting with the presence of you, CBAM authorities and the other parties who are involved (CBAM lawyer will be present if required).
After completion of the meeting, we will release the outcome meeting and investigation and position of CBAM regarding the situation withing 72 hours. You will be informed of this via email, or mail.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome from the investigation and the meeting, we can arrange a secondary meeting with an independent mediator, to receive a secondary opinion from the independent party. The mediator will be selected from the list of regulated mediator roster. You have the choice to select licensed mediator if you do not wish to have the CBAM’s choice of mediator. The charge of the mediator might apply which you will pay them directly.