Master Workshop: PLLA Thread Lifting
Thread lifts have been available since the 1980s as a minimally-invasive alternative for lifting your fatty tissue and skin at earlier stages of facial aging. Thread lift procedures will usually not provide sufficient elevation and tightening of tissues for patients with full heavier faces or with more advanced laxity to their muscle layers, fatty tissue, and skin. Thus, results from thread lifts are variable because of the complexity of the aging process that differs by ethnicity, chronological and genetic aging, and fluctuations in facial fat volume. At best, improvements can be observed for 1-2 years when combined with other anti-aging procedures such as neuromodulators, fillers, fat augmentation, and skin tightening (Ultherapy®) treatments.
- A history of threads in the medical and aesthetic market
- The structure and action of Polydioxanone (PDO)
- Comparing different type of threads
- Comparing different type of PDO threads
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Skin and facial layers
- Assessing facial aging process
- Patient Selection and choosing the right candidate
- Local Anesthesia techniques
- Pre and post op Treatment
- Injection technique and treatment design
- Complications and Management
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be awarded your personalized Certificate of Completion to be added to your professional portfolio.