1-Day Certificate Program for Dentists: botox and filler training
The Certificate Program for Dentists: botox and filler training
Why should you take this course?
With the high demand for the indications of these injectables in dental procedures, more and more dentists show interest in administering these products as part of their dental services.
The Certificate Program for Dentists is a comprehensive course designed for beginners in the field of dental aesthetics or for dentists who are willing to add therapeutic neurotoxin and lip filler services to their practice.
In this course, the practitioner will get introduced to the most common neurotoxin treatments for aesthetic and therapeutic uses in the oral and maxillofacial areas, and lip augmentations, both of which are in the scope of practice of dentists. We will provide a full understanding of the most commonly used productss in the market, as well as how to administer them safely for your client in order to receiving most effective results.
This course will start with theory and continue with a hands-on practical component on live models, supervised by our expert physicians and professionals.
✓ Facial muscles
✓ Facial arteries and branches
Introduction to botulinum toxin:
✓ What is botulinum toxin?
✓ Cosmetic indications vs therapeutic indications
✓ Most common neurotoxins in the market
(such as Botox®, Dysport® or Xeomin®)
✓ Possible side effects
The management of the following conditions with neurotoxins:
✓ TMJ pain
✓ Masseter reduction
✓ Bruxism and Grinding
Introduction to lip filler:
✓ Contraindications for lip augmentation
✓ Most common fillers in the market
✓ Vascular complications and possible side effects
✓ Practicing on live models
This course will provide you with the essential knowledge and technical skills required to integrate non-surgical treatments in your dental clinic and deliver a safe and outstanding service to your clients.
By completing this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
This activity is awarded AGD PACE credit. See final CE announcement for specific details.
Filler and botox administration guidelines – RCDSO regulations
Direct excerpt from RCDSO Dispatch November/December 2013
“Members who wish to use botulinum toxin and dermal fillers may do so, but only for procedures that are within the scope of practice of dentistry. Members may inject botulinum toxin and/or dermal fillers intra-orally for either therapeutic or cosmetic purposes, or botulinum toxin extra- orally for therapeutic purposes, but in either case only if they are appropriately trained and competent to perform the procedures. It is not within the scope of practice of dentistry and members are not authorized in Ontario to inject botulinum toxin or dermal fillers extra- orally for cosmetic purposes.”
“Members who wish to use these substances as described are expected to successfully complete a course of instruction that adheres closely to the following criteria. The course should:
- be conducted by persons who have had recognized education and training, preferably university-based, and significant experience in the parenteral administration of these substances;
- include a didactic component with formal evaluation that addresses:
- pharmacology of these substances;
- physiological activity of these substances;
- diagnosis of relevant conditions;
- indications for the use of these substances, as well as other first-line treatment modalities;
- contraindications for the use of these substances;
- related head and neck anatomy;
- adverse reactions and their management;
- include a hands-on clinical or clinical simulation component with formal evaluation;
- promote the critical evaluation of research and literature on related topics.”