The CBAM Board Certification (for Doctors) or CAMP Certification (for nurses) in Quebec is delivered in collaboration with the Academie De Medicine Esthetique Du Quebec (AMEQ) under the management of Dr. Angelina Guzzo (Click here to check the AMEQ website).
This program is offered in 3 steps:
Step 1: Online materials and live virtual sessions (offered by CBAM)
Step 2: Practical sessions (offered by AMEQ)
Step 3: CBAM Board examinations (optional)
Online and Live Virtual Sessions
(Offered by CBAM)
The registered students will have access to the following online and virtual sessions:
1. Online courses: There are 11 courses which are available for the students to watch for 6 months from the date of the first practical class. This period may be extended if the practical sessions of AMEQ require further time to get completed. The extension is permitted on a case-by-case base. Here is the list of 11 courses:
- Skin Anatomy and Physiology – Online course (here)
- Cosmetic Dermatology – Online course (here)
- Basic Injectables Course – Online course (here)
- Advanced Injectables Course – Online course (here)
- Filler Safety Course – Online course (here)
- Laser – Online course (here)
- PRP, mesotherapy and microneedling– Online course (here)
- Sclerotherapy – Online course (here)
- Sculptra®️ – Online course (here)
- Aesthetic Business and Marketing – Online course (here)
- Independent Practice for Nurses – Aesthetic Medicine – Online course (here)
- Live Virtual Sessions: Many of the above courses are also included in the live virtual sessions (which are usually delivered once per month). During these virtual sessions, the instructors will review lessons and cases with the students live and the students are able to ask questions directly to the CBAM faculty from all over the world. Some of these sessions are:
- Basic injectables Live Virtual
- Advanced injectables Live Virtual
- These are delivered in 4 different sessions:
- Pan-facial advanced injectables
- Upper face advanced injectables
- Mid-face advanced injectables
- Lower face advanced injectables
- These are delivered in 4 different sessions:
- PRP Live Virtual
- CBAM Standard Membership:You will receive a one year standard membership to CBAM. This is an amazing feature that all the students who register in this program will get as a part of their package free of charge (value: $399). This membership allows the students to get access to all the upcoming webinars of CBAM (usually 4 to 8 sessions per month). These webinars are the advanced discussion panels about multiple fields in aesthetic medicine. Here is the calendar of the upcoming webinars
If you would like to get access to the previously recorded webinars and sessions, you are required to upgrade your membership to the Premium level (upgrade fee: $300). All the upcoming webinars (if you miss the live sessions) are also recorded and will be added to this list. Here is the list of previous webinars
Local In-class Practical Courses
All these courses are delivered locally by AMEQ based on the guidelines of the Collège des médecins du Québec.
This centre is managed by Dr. Angelina Guzzo, a member of the CBAM faculty.
Dr Angelina Guzzo
(BSc, PhD, MDCM, FRCPC)
Dr. Guzzo has been a licensed specialist in anesthesia for the last 15 years and a cosmetic injector since 2014. She has received training at McGill University, MIT in Boston, Dalhousie University and the University of Toronto. As a Ph.D. and a professor at McGill, she loves teaching students and has brought this passion for teaching into her aesthetic practise and in her interactions with patients. Dr Guzzo was introduced to Botox during her chronic pain rotation in 2006 when treating migraines. When she had some injected herself, her interest in the field of aesthetic medicine was sparked and she hasn’t looked back. After further training, Dr. Guzzo began injecting patients in 2014. Since then, she continues to evolve within a field that has seen big changes and many more treatment options in the last 7 years. She was certified by the College des Medecins in 2019. After an 18 month commitment to the public as an anesthetist during COVID, she is now dedicating herself to aesthetics.
Complete virtual OSCE exam
After completion of the practical sessions in AMEQ, your faculty(ies) will sign your evaluation sheet and submit it to the CBAM head office.
At this point, the graduates will receive a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Student then has the option to complete the final CBAM OSCE board exam if they would like to become Board Certified (doctors) or CAMP Certified (nurses). In this case, the name of the applicant will appear on the CBAM website as one of the board members.
The registration for this exam requires an additional payment.