* If you are a Nurse (RN, RPN or LPN), please read this:
Nurses (RN, RPN or LPN) are welcome to complete their designation, however they are awarded a different designation which is called CAMP Certified (Certified Aesthetic Medicine Practitioner).
What is the difference?
- For Board Certified designation, you will be evaluated among other physicians and NPs:
- You must submit 25 patients in your portfolio (rather than 20 patients for CAMP)
- Your final comprehensive MCQ exam contains more challenging questions and also your practical OSCE exam has 4 rooms (Injectables, Anatomy, Laser and Cosmetic dermatology). (CAMP OSCE exam has 3 rooms and excludes Cosmetic dermatology room)
- Your package price will be slightly higher. (you can check the price of this package on this page)
- For CAMP designation, you will be evaluated among other nurses:
- You must submit 20 patients in your portfolio (rather than 25 patients for Board Certified)
- Your final practical OSCE exam has 3 rooms (Injectables, Anatomy and Laser)
- Your package price will be slightly cheaper. click here to see the details of CAMP Certified package
* If you are a Doctor in Quebec, please read this:
The process of designation and package completion is slightly different for the physicians who take CBAM courses in Quebec (CBAM Montreal centre).
The package in Montreal is delivered in 3 steps:
Step 1: Online materials and live virtual sessions (offered by CBAM)
Step 2: Practical sessions (offered by AMEQ)
Step 3: CBAM Board examinations (optional)
If you would like to start the designation process in Quebec, please click here to learn more
- Step 1: To Complete the 2-day Basic Injectable Course in one of the CBAM centres:
- Step 2: To complete the minimum training for Advanced Injectable:
- A: To complete all the online materials of Advanced Injectable Course.
- B: To complete at least 2 Practice Days in one of the CBAM centres.
- C: To complete the online exam of this course and receive the online certificate for Advanced Injectable Course
- Skin Treatments & Chemical Peel – Online course (here)
- PRP, Mesotherapy & Microneedling Training – Online materials (here) + Virtual live course + half-day In-class Practicals
- Sclerotherapy Course – Online materials (here) + half-day In-class Practicals*
- Laser Training Certification Program – Online materials (here) + half-day In-class Practicals*
- Cosmetic Dermatology – Online course (here)
- Sculptra®️-Online materials (here) + Sculptra®️
- Filler Safety Course – Online course (here)
- Review of Facial Anatomy – Online course (here)
*Practical parts for Sclerotherapy and Laser courses are only offered in Toronto head office branch. The practical component of these 2 courses are optional and they are not mandatory as a part of designation process.
- The 25 patients of aesthetic injectables should have been directly treated and followed up by the applicant. (please note the patients that you visit in CBAM centres can be calculated towards this number)
- Each submitted patient must have the following documents:
- Assessment and treatment plan
- Treatment administration documentation
- Follow up treatment documents and management of complications (if applicable)
- Before treatment
- Immediately after treatment
- Follow up treatment(s)
Part 1: MCQ exam
60 question Multiple choice exam which covers all the topics have been studied in the following materials:
Part 2: Practical OSCE exam
- Live virtual 4 rooms (Injectables, Laser, Cosmetic dermatology and Anatomy)
Topics covered in the examination:
- Aesthetic injectables (basic and advanced)
- Complications and management
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Laser and EBD (Energy-Based Devices)
1: Complete your CBAM Profile:
Our designation team will contact you to get your picture, more information regarding your aesthetic practice and all your qualification in order to build your CBAM online page.
2: Receive your designation:
As soon as the information is completed we will make your page live. Your patients and colleagues can find you on web as aestheitc medicine Board Certified from this moment. (see a sample page)
We will also prepare your physical Wall Certificate which can be picked up from the CBAM centres as soon as it is ready. (See a sample)