Associate Professor of Dermatology at Cairo University
Dr. Ashraf Badawi is currently an Associate Professor of Dermatology at the National Institute of Laser Enhanced Sciences, Cairo University, Egypt and a visiting Professor of Dermatology at Szeged University, Hungary. Dr Badawi has graduated from the Faculty of Medicine Cairo University, Egypt in 1992. In 1997, he obtained the MSc degree in Dermatology and Venereology followed by a Diploma in the Laser Applications in Biology and Medicine in 1998 from Cairo University.
In 2001, Dr. Badawi obtained a Diploma in General Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University. In 2007, Dr. Badawi received a PhD degree in Laser Applications in Dermatology from the National Institute of Laser Enhanced Sciences, Cairo University, Egypt.In 2011, Dr. Badawi obtained a second PhD in Clinical Medical Sciences from Szeged University, Hungary.
During his career path, Dr. Badawi has actively participated in more than 200 International Dermatology conferences with lectures and workshops. Within the past 20 years He was directly involved in training of more than 3500 Dermatologists all over the world for Laser Applications in Dermatology.
- Vice President of the European Society of Laser Dermatology (ESLD)
- President Elect of the European Society of Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology (ESCAD).
- Co-Chair of the Laser Task Force at the European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV)
- International Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Member of the American Society for Laser in Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
- Scientific Board member of the International Master Course of Aging Science “IMCAS”
- Director of The Middle East Master Course at IMCAS Paris, 2015 – 2019 meetings.
He is also a reviewer for many Scientific Journals in the field of Dermatology as:
- International Journal of Dermatology
- Lasers in Medical Sciences
- Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
- Journal of Clinical Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology