What is Thread and what are its treatments?
Thread in aesthetic medicine is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that uses special threads to rejuvenate, lift or tighten sagging skin. The threads are typically made of a biocompatible material, such as polydioxanone (PDO), polylactic acid (PLA), or poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), which dissolves over time and stimulates the production of collagen in the skin. The threads are inserted under the skin using a small needle and then pulled tight to lift and reposition the skin.
There are different types of threads that can be used for different procedures, each with its own unique features and benefits. For example, mono or screw threads are used to stimulate collagen production and improve skin texture and create volume which is used for wrinkle removal and also skin rejuvenation, while cone or barbed threads are used to provide a more dramatic lift and repositioning of the skin. The threads can be inserted in different patterns and directions to achieve the desired effect, and multiple threads may be used in a single treatment to achieve a more comprehensive lift or effect.
Thread lifts are often used to treat sagging skin on the face, neck, and jowls, as well as other areas of the body. The procedure is generally considered safe and minimally invasive, with minimal downtime and a low risk of complications. However, as with any medical procedure, there are some risks and potential side effects, such as bruising, swelling, infection, and thread migration. It is important for patients to choose an experienced and qualified provider for a thread lift, and to discuss any potential risks and concerns before undergoing the procedure.
Part 1: Online videos and a live virtual
- Anatomy of the face (including fat compartments, blood vessels and nerves)
- General Aging changes
- Midface and lower face aging changes (position changes with aging such as sagging of the fat tissue and skin)
- Different types of threads
- Pros and cons of each type of thread
- Insertion techniques
- Patient selection and assessment
- Pre and post-op instructions
Part 2: Practice on live models
This part includes in-class live demonstration, as well as the opportunity for the students to do hands-on practice on live patients.
In this section, you learn a detailed introduction to the threads which are intended to provide collagen stimulation and wrinkle removal. In approach, you will be introduced to the types of threads for this purpose which are Mono, Screw or Mesh threads. . You will learn:
- The insertion techniques and the proper use of these types of threads, and their pros and cons
- Focused treatment with these threads (live demo and hands-on models) on the lips, under the eye, crow’s feet, NLF, and smoker’s line
- The management of complications, including how to identify and treat any issues that may arise during or after the procedure
In this approach, you receive a detailed training for the threads which are intended to be used for anchoring, lifting and repositioning indications. This effect is pose with Cog, Barb, or Cone (The thread type varies depending on the frequency of usage and the specific regulations in each country.). This includes also the latest generation of cog threads with moulding effects. This approach covers:
- The insertion techniques and the proper use of threads for lifting and repositioning
- Focused treatment with thread (live demo and hands-on models) on the malar fat pad and jowls fat pad lifting and repositioning
- The management of complications, including how to identify and treat any issues that may arise during or after theses procedure
Part 3: Online exam
All students will receive a certificate of completion after successfully passing the online exam.
3h Online Course
7h (In-class & Hands-on)
Beginner to Advanced
Our expert faculty of CBAM will guide you through the course and cover the following topics:
Anatomy of the faceIn this module, you will learn about the different skin layers, muscles, fat pads, retaining ligaments, and blood vessels of the face.
We will discuss the aging changes in the face with a focus on positioning and sagging changes.
Eyebrow anatomy and shapes
You will get an understanding of the anatomy and different shapes of eyebrows.
Types of Threads
This module will cover the various types of threads used in thread lifting.
Malar fat pad lifting and repositioning
Learn how to lift and reposition the malar fat pad with threads.
Jowl fat pad lifting and repositioning
Get an insight into how to lift and reposition the jowl fat pad with threads.
Jawling contouring with thread
You will learn how to contour the jawline with threads.
Nasolabial fold corrections with thread
Discover how to correct nasolabial folds with threads.
This module will give you a hands-on experience of thread lifting through a live demo.
Hands-on practice on models
Get practical experience of thread lifting through hands-on practice on models.