* If you are a Nurse Practitioner (NP), please read this:
Nurse practitioners (NPs) in most provinces in Canada and also some states in USA are able to practice independently. As a result, they are welcome to either select the Board Certified or CAMP designations.
What is the difference?
- If you select Board Certified designation, you will be evaluated among other physicians:
- You must submit 25 patients in your portfolio (rather than 20 patients for CAMP)
- Your final comprehensive MCQ exam contains more challenging questions and also your practical OSCE exam has 4 rooms (Injectables, Anatomy, Laser and Cosmetic dermatology). (CAMP OSCE exam has 3 rooms and excludes Cosmetic dermatology room)
- Your package price will be slightly higher. click here to see the details of Board Certified package
- If you select CAMP designation, you will be evaluated among other nurses:
- You must submit 20 patients in your portfolio (rather than 25 patients for Board Certified)
- Your final practical OSCE exam has 3 rooms (Injectables, Anatomy and Laser)
- Your package price will be slightly cheaper. (you can check the price of this package on this page)
*Out of these 25 patients, 10 of them must be assist and treated by the students independently either in their own practice or under the supervision of CBAM instructors in one of the Semi-Private Practice Days. (CBAM offers Semi-Private Practice Days for the students who registered for the package in one of the designated locations free of charge. The students must provide their own models based on the current models pricing for the products.)
Click here to see the price of the models
Click here to check the calendar for the available dates for Semi-Private Practice Days.
- Step 1: To Complete the 2-day Basic Injectbale Course in one of the CBAM centres:
- Step 2: To complete the minimum training for Advanced Injectbales:
- A: To complete all the online materials of Advanced Injectable Course.
- B: To complete at least 2 Practice Days in one of the CBAM centres.
- C: To complete the online exam of this course and receive the online certificate for Advanced Injectable Course
- Skin Treatments & Chemical Peel – Online course (here)
- PRP, Mesotherapy & Microneedling Training – Online materials (here) + Virtual live course + half-day In-class Practicals
- Sclerotherapy Course – Online materials (here) + half-day In-class Practicals*
- Laser Training Certification Program – Online materials (here) + half-day In-class Practicals*
- Cosmetic Dermatology – Online course (here)
- Sculptra®️-Online materials (here) + Sculptra®️
- Independent Practice for Nurses – Aesthetic Medicine – Online course (here)
- Filler Safety Course – Online course (here)
- Review of Facial Anatomy– Online course (here)
*Practical parts for Sclerotherapy and Laser courses are only offered in Toronto head office branch. The practical component of these 2 courses are optional and they are not mandatory as a part of designation process.
- The 20 patients of aesthetic injectables should have been directly treated and followed up by the applicant. (please note the patients that you visit in CBAM centres can be calculated towards this number)
- Each submitted patient must have the following documents:
- Assessment and treatment plan
- Treatment administration documentation
- Follow up treatment documents and management of complications (if applicable)
- Before treatment
- Immediately after treatment
- Follow up treatment(s)
Part 1: MCQ exam
50 question Multiple choice exam which covers all the topics have been studied in the following materials:
- Injectables courses
- Other 6 aesthetic courses (mentioned in part 2 in this page)
Part 2: Practical OSCE exam
- Live virtual 3 rooms (Injectables, Laser, Cosmetic and Anatomy)
Topics covered in the examination:
- Aesthetic injectables (basic and advanced)
- Complications and management
- Laser and EBD (Energy-Based Devices)
1: Complete your CBAM Profile:
Our designation team will contact you to get your picture, more information regarding your aesthetic practice and all your qualification in order to build your CBAM online page.
2: Receive your designation:
As soon as the information is completed we will make your page live. Your patients and colleagues can find you on web as aesthetic medicine CAMP Certified from this moment. (see a sample page)
We will also prepare your physical Wall Certificate which can be picked up from the CBAM centres as soon as it is ready. (See a sample)